Monday 1 July 2013

Summer 2013 High-Street Nail Varnish Haul & Review

[From left to right]
Rimmel Finishing TOUCH 3D Plumping Top Coat
Rimmel Salon PRO in 500 Peppermint
Rimmel Lycra PRO Matte Finish Mattifying Topcoat
Simmel 60 Seconds in 813 Round and Round the Garden
Rimmel 60 Seconds in 320 Rapid Ruby
Rimmel 60 Seconds in 200 Princess Pink
Rimmel 60 Seconds in 500 Caramel Cupcake
MUA Nail Polish in Lush Lilac
MUA Nail Polish in Koala Bear
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in 308 Watermelon
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in 325 Passion Fruit
Barry M Limited Edition Nail Paint in a Neon Pink
Barry M Nail Paint in 245 Gold Glitter
Barry M Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener ALL IN ONE Clear

Faves:

My number one is Rimmel's 60 Seconds in 'Round and Round the Garden' as the colour is such a beautiful vintage green, and reminds me of a little cottage door for some reason! I am also in love with the Barry M Gelly in Passion Fruit. I'm wearing it now and I already feel in a summery mood by just looking at it! Rimmel's 60 Seconds Caramel Cupcake is a great true-nude shade and last but not least, I got the Limited Edition Barry M in this wonderful Neon Pink colour for spending £6 or more on Barry M products in Superdrug. I can definitely see myself wearing this on holiday in Fuetreventura to compliment my tan!

Least Faves:

Unfortunately, with nail varnish, you get what you pay for. And to be fair, I wasn't really expecting much from the MUA polishes at a tiny £1 each. However, I had nothing to lose and wasn't too surprised when I found that they were hardly pigmented at all and didn't really show up even after a good 3 or 4 coats. Another disappointing purchase is the Rimmel 3D Plumping top coat. It works wonders for a couple of days,  all whilst giving that gorgeous 'gel' look to home painted nails. However, I've found that it starts to crackle, if that makes sense. This could just be my nails though, so don't let it deter you!

Bonus:

A couple of pictures I've taken recently!
My ever growing Company Mag collection! Yes I missed a couple of months, so sue me.  Also featured: My most favourite Yankee Candle EVER and a couple of IKEA catalogues, because we all know how much I love IKEA.
A collection of instagram photos on my wall of myself and my wonderful friends & family, displayed on my handmade photo peg line. Also featured: my chalk memo board and my wire photo holder, displaying Sherlock Holmes' business card!
 Well I think I'm sorted for the Summer when it comes down to my nails. Let's hope I get to use them all! Keep your eyes peeled to see them in some of my photos!

What are your favourite Summer 2013 nail shades?

Love and very colourful Sparkles,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...