Sunday 23 June 2013

DIY Floral Scatter Cushion

Hello sparkly creatures!

Anyone that knows me will know that I have a very creative mind. In other words, I'm not interested unless it's artistic! So, whenever I get a day off from work, I like to reallt make the most of it with some arty adventures!

Since getting my new double bed, I've been left with loads of gorgeous linen for single covers and nothing for it to go on! That's where this idea came in. It was so easy, and only takes some scrap material (such as old bed sheets or pillow covers), a basic knowledge of sewing and a dash of patience thrown in for good measure.

All I had to do was cut out the shapes I needed (slightly larger to make room for hemming) and get sewing! For the stuffing I used the inside of an old scatter cushion that I found in my airing cupboard.

Everything was done by hand as I prefer the final look, and also just knowing how much effort I put in to it. The embroidery isn't essential, of course. I was just feeling very creative, haha! Here's the finished product for you to feast your eyes on (with a little Boo thrown in at the end!).




I had lots of material left over, so I may make some bunting! Goodness knows I don't have enough already...  Oops!

Have any of you got creative this weekend?

Love and sparkles,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...