Wednesday 24 April 2013

Lush haul and review!

Okay, so I'm somewhat of a late bloomer when it comes to Lush, my first purchase only being in December! Shock horror! However, in that short time, I have become more than slightly addicted. Here are some very overdue and concise (some not-so-concise) product reviews of my latest haul.




Bubblegum Lip Scrub

I've gone through about 3 pots of this already, so I think I shall tell you the tale of my first encounter with this magic in a pot.

So being the newbie to Lush that I was, when I walked in, I got myself a little tour guide (he was called Dan and he was, indeed, lush.) As he showed me round, I couldn't help but say 'Everything smells good enough to eat!' which consequently lead on to me asking: 'Is there anything you can actually eat?' Leading Dan to show me: The Bubblegum Lip Scrub.

I can't begin to describe the smell to you. As I sit here with my nose in the pot, all I can literally think of is bubblegum. Bubblegum and pink and sweets and sugar and candyfloss. To some people, the smell may be overpowering, but I do like sickly sweetness! If you are a Lush addict (like me now), you can liken the smell to the Snow Fairy products.

To put it bluntly, it's literally like putting a sugar paste on your lips (that is actually what you're doing) to exfoliate them and leave them nice and smooth, ready for lipstick, lipgloss or just as they are.

Now here's the fun part: as the ingredients at purely Castor Sugar, Jojoba oil, Methyl Ionone along with flavour and colouring, the product is edible! Meaning, once you have buffed your lips to perfection, you can lick it off! I know right? Amazeballs. The only downside to this is when I open my pot to find that there's been a massive scoop taken out by my brother.

(I do not recommend just eating this willy nilly! Please do use as advised, then lick off the residue!!)
Bubblegum Lip Scrub.

'My boy lollipop'

Robert made mine, apparently. Thanks Rob!

You only have to open it for the smell to hit you!

It Started With a Kiss Lip Tint

I bought the lip balm/tint to compliment the scrub, you know, just to treat myself. It does it's job well, leaving a lovely red tint and sufficient moisture to your lips, however, I'm not a fan of the scent. It's apple and cinnamon, reminding me somewhat of a McDonalds apple pie being smothered over my lips. Not the nicest image to conjure up!

However, this is my own opinion, and you may feel differently! I reckon I would prefer this product around Christmas time. I'm in too much of a summery mood to be sniffing apple and cinnamon!

I would take a picture but it's in the abyss of my handbag.

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

When I first saw the description for the Cupcake Face Mask; 'Chocolate heaven for oily and teenage skin.', my first thoughts were GIVE. IT. TO. ME. NOW! I even did a silly, somewhat obsessive thing and got the tube straight to Covent Garden so I wouldn't have to wait. Oops.

Upon buying it, I was so excited that I even made myself a bit giddy. Looking back on myself now, I would give myself once piece of advice. Smell the darn thing before you buy it, silly girl!

I was expecting to be greeted with beautiful, chocolatey aromas, like a chocolate fountain or that smell when you open a bar of Galaxy. Alas, no. I was hit by a scent of- what I can only describe as- Minty Cocoa butter. Before you shout at me, no, I did not read the label where it CLEARLY states 'Cocoa butter, linseed oil and cocoa powder soften with balancing peppermint, spearmint and sandalwood oils.' I merely followed my silly heart when I heard chocolate and oily teenage skin in the same sentence.

However, I did not let this put me off. I used the product, and it did really help!

For about 3 hours.

After that, my breakouts appeared red again, and my face had lost it's initial glow it got from the mask. Bummer. It's really the sort of thing you should use right before a night out, and that's what it's target probably is. However, this is again, my own opinion. Don't let it put you off! My friends think I'm crazy for not liking the smell of cocoa butter, so maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

A rather... Interesting texture.

Thanks Kasia! Cool name.

Other bits and bobs

So I've also bought various ballistics, bubble bars and most notably FUN. They were all amazing and I'd love to go in to detail but I fear it would take me forever. So I'll write you a little list.
  1. FUN (Red) - I adore FUN, and everything about it. It reminds me of being a kid playing with playdough, which is what sold it for me really. The scent is amazing, and I used it to it's full extent, washing my hair, body and creating little cat faces with it. It also makes a good bath paint, too!!
  2. Dorothy Bubble Bar - Does what it says on the tin. I must admit, it was the name and aesthetics that sold it to me, as I am a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan. It created lots of bubbles and gave my bath a cute blue tint.
  3. Twilight Ballistic - I have nothing but love for this little beauty. From the gorgeous scent to the magical glittery fizzing display it gives off in the bath, I adored every second.
  4. Dragons Egg - Or as I like to call it, the Harry Potter Ballistic. Simply because of the little Golden Snitch inside! The one thing I wasn't too keen on were the little 'Dragon Scales' which were tiny dissolving paper circles. They kept sticking to me!
  5. Space Girl - Very cool, lovely aroma, beautiful colour, and very glittery! Loved it.
  6. Sunnyside - A Lush staple item. Wasn't as glittery as I had expected!!
There are many more I've bought, but I'm sure I'll list them another time. 

Have fun trying them out!!






xo

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...